Skip to content
Illusive Design Pattern
Algorithm gets it wrong.
- Algorithms by platforms including Facebook and PayPal autodetect issues and locks you out of all services even if you did nothing wrong.
- Companies use customer service bots that are ineffective.
- Loss Aversion
- Anxiety: Limitations of bots who are unhelpful.
- Stress: Not getting a solution.
- Exclusion: Locked out of account.
- Catastophizing: What did I do wrong?
- Personalization: It’s all my fault.
- Balance: Always think about keeping the user in allostasis.
- Champion: Don't be a hypocrite, use the product you build.
- Expectations: Reduce stress by providing control and reassurance of outcome.
Don Norman Principles
Jakob Nielson Principles
- Error Prevention: No attempt is made to correct the error before it happens.